Sunday, January 24, 2010

new songs for the world about ?

we spent friday night learning five new songs and they are all wonderful.
after just a few run thru's i feel great about 'em!!!
Rapids
Potholes (simple kiss)
Rise up and Melt
Over the Horizon
and Next Tuesday
wow.
love em.
here's a sneak peak...

Potholes (simple kiss) by efren

Like I told you long ago
I would never leave my mind
Inside the car I saw
All of the things we’d find
A better life and searching wife
Took us off in the night
Stole a bottle split the zone
All I see is the light

Potholes in two tracks
I hide up around the back
I’d leave you here
Probably out of fear

Barrels run dry til mornin’
Peace around me now
Can’t see thru the fog
Probably hit it with no doubt
Not really no way to think
But we can win this bout
I’d go all the way for this
Life will be a simple kiss.

Go on and pack your bags
It’s blowing in the wind
Creepin thick August heat
Up on the porch I’m your friend
Go up against any cause
Search me out and fight the boss
Poisoned corn and ruined sun
First learn yourself then buy that gun

Retired Preacher smoked the point
Off the laws of Georgia Clay
Schoolboy tied in the dark
Just believe you’ll get away
Revolution is in the air
Change my clothes cut my hair
I’d go all the way for this
Life will be a simple kiss

Potholes in two tracks
I’ll hide up around the back
I’d leave you here / I’d never leave you here
Probably out of fear / Revolution is near

No comments:

Post a Comment